Total Pageviews

Wednesday 30 March 2011

Day three and three guests! (Part 2)

Claire also mentioned two things for us to remember -
1. The importance of asking questions and using every opportunity to learn more.
2. Brush your teeth twice everyday!

As she was leaving she even said that Llantarnam Community Primary was the most sensible school she has ever been in!


The third guest of the morning was, as described by the children, the “wood lady!” Although it sounds like she is made from wood, she isn’t . . . she simply works with it! Netty (the wood lady) works for Reseiclo Community Wood Recycling. Her company takes unwanted wood, recycles it, and then creates something else! Not only did she tell us all about her job but she told us all about the importance of recycling. Netty told us that recycling was important and it would help us protect our planet and by saving the trees it keeps our oxygen more healthier for us to breath in.

The children were very impressed with her wood creations and one child was so impressed he even asked “Do you have a job for my dad?”.

Another thing that got the class thinking was that on answering a question, she admitted she could speak seven languages! Who wood believe it! 

Sadly this afternoon, I had my planning time so I was out of the classroom. But I think the eventful morning will keep me going until tomorrow!

I have to go now so I can get ready for the class photos tomorrow!
Be back blogging soon
Mr D.